10 Questions with Megan Pelka

Thursday, February 17

Meet Megan Pelka, Programming Chair

1. What’s your sign?  I’m a Leo, which means I should like the spotlight but I’m more of a behind-the-scenes type of gal.

2. Favorite opera?
The only opera that has made me cry – Der fliegende Holländer (The Flying Dutchman) by Wagner.

3. If you could have any other job in the world, what would it be?
Egyptologist

4. What is your favorite dessert?
Panna cotta – it’s one of the easiest desserts you can make and has the ability to take on a range of flavors.

5. If you had to describe yourself using three words, what would they be?
Passionate, Dedicated, Joyful.

6. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween! I start planning my costumes at the beginning of each year. And have amassed quite the collection of decorations for my annual party.

7. What was your first opera?
I watched various Met productions on Channel 2 as a child. My parents took me to see Aida, a traveling production performed at the Orpheum Theater, when I was in elementary school. The spectacle of the production was amazing and emotional connection I felt to the music was intense. I’ve been a lover of opera ever since.

8. If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?Winona Ryder – I think she could really channel my rage-filled moments.

9. Are you a morning or night person? Definitely a night person as my 10am – 6pm work schedule will prove.

10. What’s your favorite thing to do in the winter?
Curl up by a fireplace and drink eggnog. But as I have no fireplace, the space heater works just as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find us

Tempo
c/o Minnesota Opera
620 North First Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
tempo@mnopera.org

Friend Us



  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP