10 Questions with Thomas Bakken

Friday, December 31

Meet Thomas Bakken, Tempo Committee Member

1. What’s your sign? 
Cancer. Or “Jazz Hands.” Perhaps I don’t understand the question.

2. Favorite opera?
Le Nozze di Figaro

3. If you could have any other job in the world, what would it be?
I admire the honest work of a skilled haberdasher.

4. What is your favorite dessert?
You can’t go wrong with a good Bananas Foster.

5. If you had to describe yourself using three words, what would they be? 
Tall, moustachioed, diabetic.

6. What is your favorite holiday? 
Fourth of July is always a good time. Ironic, as I’m not a US citizen.

7. What was your first opera?
That I purchased and heard a recording of – Le Nozze di Figaro. That I attended – Le Nozze di Figaro. I would gladly see this opera every night for the rest of my life (provided the cast/orchestra/conductor was good).

8. If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
“Waxing Philosophical,” about the endless search for the perfect moustache wax, a notion first hypothesized by Sartre in 1964.

9. Are you a morning or night person?
Nights are preferable.

10. What’s your favorite thing to do in the winter? 
Trying to motivate myself to put my road bike on my stationary trainer and ride for as few as 6 hours a week. Results pending…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find us

Tempo
c/o Minnesota Opera
620 North First Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
tempo@mnopera.org

Friend Us



  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP