10 Questions with Allan Naplan

Thursday, March 3

Meet Allan Naplan, President and General Director

1. What's your sign?
Aries

2. Favorite opera?
Well now, if I told you my favorites, then there wouldn’t be any surprises left when our future season brochures came out! So, instead I’ll just play it safe and say that I'm a real sucker for the musical and dramatic emotion of Puccini's works, as well as a great fan of the beauty and musical elegance of Mozart's operas.

3. If you could have any other job in the world, what would it be?
I always wanted to play point guard for the Celtics, but I think it’s probably a little late for that. So, how about an Iron Chef on the Food Network.

4. What is your favorite dessert?
Pretty much anything that involves chocolate.

5. If you had to describe yourself using three words, what would they be?
Creative, ambitious, and often amusing (or at least I like to think so)

6. What is your favorite holiday?
My sons' birthdays.

7. What was your first opera?
The Magic Flute at the Opera Company of Boston. I was about seven years old and I recall that I didn't much care for my first opera experience. Good thing that clearly had no influence on my eventual career choice.

8. If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play you?
The plot continues to be a work in progress, but when I asked my wife who she thought should play me, she answered without hesitation, “George Clooney”. I’m not sure if I should take that as a compliment or if it simply indicates my wife’s burning desire to meet the man?

9. Are you a morning or night person?
I used to be a night person…until I had children.

10. What's your favorite thing to do in the winter?
While I’m not an especially aggressive person, I actually find something quite exhilarating about using my snow blower. Have I revealed too much?

Related Articles:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Find us

Tempo
c/o Minnesota Opera
620 North First Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
tempo@mnopera.org

Friend Us



  © Blogger template Foam by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP